Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Information System Day


The Information System I utilized within the last 24hr are:

I used the Internet; which is a global data communication system, to write and receive e-mails, access web pages, instant messaging, write on my blogs. The 5 components are: Hardware(computer, storage disk, keyboard and the monitor), software: (world wide web), data (adding personal information, pictures, videos), procedures (I switch on the computer, type the web addresses, logged in and typed information), people (Me).

I used the transaction processing system by making electronic payment, online booking of tickets e.g, airline, rentals, movies and shopped online. Hardware (computer, keyboard and monitor), software (www, TPS monitor), data (stored information and adding of my personal information and payment information), procedures (switched on the computer, typed the website, search for need, select need and pay for the need), people (me).

I used the financial transaction system to apply for credit cards online, open a bank account and paid for items bought through the POS. Hardware (computer and accessories, receipt printer, scanner, cash register), software(www, tps monitor, cash register express ), data (stored information and adding of my credit cards information, bar code of product), procedures (switched on the computer, typed the website, search for application for credit card and opening of new account, fill the form, save the application and process the application, scan the product, pay, and get receipt), people (me, cashier, customer service person, manager).

No comments:

Post a Comment