Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Business Process


The hiring process is a business process I recently used in my career. The hiring manager determines new staffing need and position requirements was defined. I then composed and submitted the job requisition for approval. The job is then posted to the web and the company's intranet. The applicants reviewed the job posting and applied for the position with a copy of their resume. I received the application and reviewed it; I then selected applicants using the skill set for the position. I scheduled interview with the hiring manager, and the applicants were interviewed and ranked according to their performance. I checked their references and ranked them again based on their performance and references. The hiring manager and I selected the best candidate for the position and an offer was made. (If the 1st ranked candidate refused the offer then we will offer the position to the 2nd ranked). In this case, there was no refusal. For more information about the hiring process, please visit
http://www.entrepreneurship.org/step-by-step-process-to-hiring.html
The 4 components of the business process are:
Activities
  • Job requisition composed and submitted for approval
  • Applicants selected from skill set and job posting
  • Schedule interview
  • Applicant interviewed and ranked
  • Reference check
Resources
  • Manager
  • Applicants
  • new employee

Facilities

  • Web
  • Intranet
  • Applicant's resume
  • Job offer
Information
  • Need for new staffing
  • job requisition document
  • job description
  • applicants' application and resume
  • Applicants' interview records
  • Applicants' references
  • Job offer

No comments:

Post a Comment